Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Blogging Family Grows!

Who cares that it's not officially Valentine's day anymore-what better way to make a normal day a special one than surprise packages and "meeting" my secret Cupid and Cupid-ee! :-D


I was on my way to practice when I came down and found a large manilla envilope lying on the table addressed TO ME! Needless to say I neverminded the fact that arriving at practice late means missing the beloved run, as I dashed upstairs to my new goodies and friend. :)
Mrs LC from "Life according to Mrs. LC" had sent me some tasty goodies--chocolate and Lara bars--and somehow she "knew" to send me the coconut kind! I always wanted to try more coconut flavored things, and in a beloved "bar" couldn't be better!
Better yet, I feel like Mrs. LC must have stalked my facebook, not just my blog--she created a gorgeous MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE BOOK for me! I absolutely love quotes. I have several documents and an email file of ones I've saved. I repeat them as mantras and they have had an extremely positive impact on my life's journey and are part of the core of my tenacity. I was just thinking that my old emails and files were getting redundant. I've browsed the booklet eagerly, and look forward to taking one or two to heart each day with a new zest and RAWR!
She also had the very creative idea to "send me flowers." Have I ever said anything about the fact that one of my main girlie touches is that I have a big soft spot for getting flowers? For someone who loves the practical and has a tomboy sort of theme, flowers are the one thing I consider so special and touching. Since flowers are a bit difficult to package she sent me some Zinnia seeds. I plan to plan them over spring break next week and use the flowers as a manifestation of the life I am trying to "grow" for myself this year!
Muchos thank you's to Mrs. LC from "Life According to Mrs. LC" for these wonderful treasures:
...I did make it to practice just in time, but the moment I got home I anxiously popped on to check out Mrs. LC's blog...and guess what? My own Secret Cupid Anna at http://runeatplayandbreathe.blogspot.com/ had received her package as well.
Here's a toast to new friends and ties amongst our fitness/foodie blogging community. I love you all!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Fabulous package!!

Mrs. LC said...

Aw YAY I am so glad you liked the package!! haha I didn't think to stalk you on facebook, but I definitely did read through I think EVERY single entry on your blog! I'm so glad you liked the quote book (I'm so sorry, that's why it was a few days late!). And I'm so glad you liked the larabar flavors! I was reading through your blog, and I saw at one point you were being careful of what you were eating (i.e. avoiding soy and stuff) so that's why I went with the larabars. :) Plus they're just so wholesome. :) And I'm glad you liked the flowers. I'm glad you liked everything!! haha and I'm glad it's not a secret anymore. :)

Feel free to stop my blog anytime, I'll keep stopping by yours!