Friday, February 6, 2009

Blogger Love ...and freebie question

After being non the outskirts of blog-land for so long, I'm finally starting to feel like part of this community, and loving it and the people in it so much! I may have yet to meet my friends physically, but the bonds I have with those I've met here are pretty incredible. Actually, in a way I think online communities help us to find true friends--because we are able to reach out to a bigger pool of people and find the souldmates that we might not otherwise meet, halfway round the world or across the country! ...and I do hope that we shall someday meet and I know we'd have quite a time together. :)

That said, now that I have some more readers of my own [too often neglected blog],
I have a question for you more experienced foodies:
By in large I have to drool over your tasty eats, since I can't afford large amounts of "health geared" products, special bars, or even large amounts of fruit and the like.
But one thing I've seen on several occassions is people talking about getting free packages from companies. How do you manage that? I emailed cliff bar on a whim last night, just hoping.. I love the nutrients and macronutrient breakdown of those, but can't afford them. Plus I've heard of all these new flavors, and since I'm not huge on peanut butter or chocolate [please don't murder me right then and there!] I would really like to try some of the random ones I keep hearing about like pumpkin and even zuccini. Anyhow, I was hoping they might send me some of these to "sample" in a marketing quest, but no word so far.
Those of you who have managed great deals or free samples: any tips for snagging some of my own?!

2 comments:

Mrs. LC said...

Don't you just love the blogging community?? :)

I think a lot of bloggers, myself included, get free samples and products through our foodbuzz ad/ the foodbuzz tastemakers program for featured publishers. The other thing is that for a lot of the really awesome freebies given away out there (remember when some lovely bloggers were selected to "try" and keep a Vitamix 5200?), you need to have a HUGE readerbase. My estimate would be a couple thousand hits a day or higher.

I know that was long winded, but if you want any more info you can email me at mrslcblog@gmail.com.

Oh, and sometimes emailing companies and asking to sample a product so you can feature it on your blog works, but try to shoot for smaller, lesser known companies that need to get their name out more.

Anonymous said...

Yay - we're blogging buddies :)
I want free nakd & trek bars - think Im gonna shoot them an email saying how much their products have helped me in my quest to be a healthy athlete & treat my body well.....probably won't work but who knows. Worth a try!