Monday, August 11, 2008

Pool Time!

...and my legs give a cry of thanks...

I finally got a gym membership!
Now only does this give me an indoor-running option for crappy weather [next winter will be a piece of cake!] but I have better resouces for my strenght training-AND A POOL!

My coach has really been encouraging me to get in the pool again [I haven't since I was forced to when injured] to help me hold up to higher mileage both with recovery and a strong foundation.My goal is to do some pool running and maybe even swimming 3 days a week this summer.

I went for my first dip today after a 2.5m recovery run. It's still not my favorite thing to do--but it feels SO good once I've done it!

After my next marathon I'm going to cut back on running mileage and do some real lifting, but until then I'm just going to stick to my easy upper body work and core because I just don't have the energy for the real stuff just now.

No comments: