Wednesday, August 27, 2008

DOUBLE DAY OFF :-O

Soooo after a couple 8 hour shifts after my training, and even a little trip to the gym afterwards the last two days......I was really crashing...so being the extreme woman that I am, I couldn't settle to cut one thing out of the mix. Instead of a recovery workout and/or a day off work [and some sleep for once in my life!] I decided to go all out.
Not working, running, even doing my mini upper body strength today. Perhaps more for mental recovery than anything else, at least in terms of the extreme swing the other way when some swimming or strength would have been good physically.
Jussssssst lying around, eating, dinking online.

Well, it's working. Halfway into my day and I'm already going nuts! Boy will it feel good to get up and going tomorrow--no more dreading long days on my feet for a while!

Edit:
Me at home all day + stock pile of Mountain Dew 2 liters = bad news!
That pop has long since been my nutrition weakness. I call it my addictive poison. Once upon a time I couldn't get through a day without 3+ cans. I actually went cold turkey and broke the extreme addiction, but living with my family now I've started drinking it again since it's always around. Still, I'm able to keep it under control for the most part, even going weeks without it as I focus on my nutrition needs as a serious athlete...
...and then there are times like now, with the 2 liters and being here all day...
Whoa bloated and jittery...and I thought I had to pee a lot before!!

Edit #2:
On a positive nutrition note, I had "time" to eat some veggies for the first time all week! O:-P

No comments: