Thursday, January 29, 2009

Gettin' Back on Track

I've officially gained back the weight I lost when initially stopped training, back to my ol' setpoint of sorts [the weight I seem to stick at with calorie intake vs. output ranging from a literal 2000 cals!]...

Good stuff. :) And my body is happy, it likes me this way. Energy is good, not feeling weird freaky ill symptoms, even digestion is stable for me.

Am I saying no room to improve? Absolutely not. But I'm sure glad to feel like myself again as I continue my Journey 2009--a quest to my best!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats! totally great news :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Fabulous!! Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

Glad your feeling the benefits of the fuel :D Keep looking out for yourself & your body will thank you greatly.

LiLmissGuTs said...

Thanks for the support :)

Veggie-yeah I think I'm going to have to realize it won't be an easy fix. I've come a long ways looking back, and I think I too will eventually know how I need to eat to cope with whatever condition-but only if I keep at it and stop going all or nothing with new "prescription fixes." :)

Sparkling-you know, the funny thing is the fuel came after the running. I struggled to eat [appetite and sick] before, as well as keep weight on and feel healthy. Then I started training and BAM, now I feel like I don't even really need to be counting just because my body is telling me right on what it wants and all that. The challenge for me is learning to listen to it and not try and formulate some new prescription--I just get way to into wanting to document and log sometimes. :(

hk-who's this?

Anonymous said...

Yeah - I think the wanting to plan etc comes down to a) being a perfectionist & b) having so much sport science/nutritional knowledge. Trust me I can relate! I also feel more able to eat proprly when training - it just feels kinda natural.
Anyway, stay focused on what you are trying to achieve & just try as best you can to go with your body cues x